An experienced relational database practitioner specialising in Sybase SQL Server and Microsoft SQL server. Over twelve years experience in design, support and performance tuning of RDMS systems. All but one previous assignments have involved major blue chip companies in the financial services industry.
Head of Technical Operations & SQL Server DBA. Started Nov 2008. DC Storm is a medium sized IT company involved in the tracking and analytics of web usage. Daily tracking data produces upwards of 20 million transactions a day which are captured, aggregated and replicated to the clustered reporting environment. As its a small firm I have responsibility for all SQL servers, Windows administration, Network and SAN. I also do all IT purchasing and liase with co-location hosting partners. Key projects undertaken
- TSQL performance tuning. Rewritting stored procedures, missing index identification
- Installation and Upgrades to all SQL servers
- Purchasing of all IT equipment including datacentre infrastructure,network transit and co-location
- Designed and regular test DR solution
- Monitoring, out of hours support of DC Storms infrastructure 7 x 24 hours